Monday, January 29, 2007

About to break up

Last night we were about to break up. Perhaps I should have done so. Just because he had a guest in his house all weekend, we didn’t see each other. The same thing happened last weekend with another friend and also 2 weekends ago. He doesn’t have lust to see me and that’s ok with him. It’s 3 weeks since we haven’t done sex. He doesn’t care. He doesn’t tell me where he’s going and he doesn’t call me to know where I am. He never calls me on the mobile, he sometimes calls me home, if he finds me, it’s ok, or else he doesn’t call me on the mobile nor even sends me an sms. And when we talk afterwards he just refers me that he had called me home, in a very cool and indifferent way. He claims that he has feelings for me and when I once told him that I love him he just replied, “it’s mutual”. I never said that again…
So last night we found each other in a gay-friendly bar out of luck with our own friends… While he was feeling “oh what a coincidence” in a huge smile, I couldn’t hide my anger and sadness to find my 9-months boyfriend in such a bar. He had previously told me that he would go out with his guest and a friend, but he didn’t invite me. I had one of the saddest night and my friends were comforting me. I should have broken up.

3 comments:

Akis said...

My friend ..Consider yourself lucky that you found out the type of person your BF really is at this relatively early stage. Even though I know it hurts and it can hurt tremendously [I've had a similar experience here in Athens], in the long run, you are much better off to have found out the truth now than much later on. Feel sorry for the poor sap that he doesn't have the balls to come to terms with his feelings and be a man and say what he truly feels. Leading people on like that are evident of people that are selfish and self centered and you should thank the angel that guided you to the bar to see his true colors! Don't fret over garbage like that my friend. Be true to yourself and don't change for anyone. And if that isn't good enough for him or anyone for that matter, then tough. People should look at you for who and what YOU are. If that isn't good enough..like I said..Tough! Na'sai kala file mou ! Filia, Akis

athens_guy said...

Thanks a lot my friend for your supporting words but it’s happened to me something that I was very furious to see my friends doing it but now I understand: I’ve lost logic. Love is above logic, unfortunately…

Musicguy said...

WOW! I was totally in a relationship like this for three years. It wasn't fun. I always thought it we worked just a little bit harder, everything would miraculously get better. It didn't. I put myself through so much needless nonsense instead of just cutting my loses and moving on. If I hadn't, I would not have found the love of my life!