Friday, January 19, 2007

Such a misery guy...


One of the things that I can’t stand in a person is stinginess, especially when it’s not a matter of lacking of money but unwillingness to spend, ie pure misery. My boyfriend is such a guy. He always pays his share only, he usually makes unanswered calls in order to call him back, when I tell him to go out somewhere he says “I don’t have money”, if I say “don’t think about it, I’ll pay” then he agrees, and many other similar countless occasions. And I know that he’s getting paid very well, better than me and at the same time he’s saving money while I’m spending here and there and I’m full of credit cards and loans. It was unavoidable not to feel so happy when he told me today that he’ll be responsible for another project for the summer for which he’ll gain loads of money. I was thinking that at the same time he refuses to go out because he can’t afford to pay his drink and also that when we order salads in restaurants he chooses the cheapest one, even if the difference with the next more expensive one is €0,20…
While I was writing these lines he called me and I wasn’t in a good mood ‘cause I have to make my annual check-up at the cardiologist and instead of encouraging me he got sulky - though I had previously explained to him the reasons - and said “you’re not in the mood, send me an sms when you leave doctor” and we hung up! What sympathy! What the hell am I doing with this guy?